CertificationKits ASA 5500 Firewalls Demystified! v2 Lab Workbook(eBook)
Security threats are everywhere for your computing infrastructure! Trojan Horses, Worms, FTP Exploits, Firewall Vulnerability Scanners, Packet Sniffing, DoS attacks and the list can go on. Therefore Fortune 500 companies secure the perimeter of their network with a Cisco Adaptive Security Appliances such as the ASA 5500 series.
Cisco ASA devices such as the 5580 can run over $100,000 easily!! You want to be skilled on the big-time equipment as that is what the large companies pay the big bucks for. They don't pay $100,000+ a year for someone who can fix a $600 PC. They do pay $100,000 a year salaries for employees who can maintain $100,000 pieces of equipment.
Employers are begging for QUALIFIED Cisco CCNA Security Professionals. Not paper CCNAs! Someone who has actually worked on a real Cisco ASA 5505, 5510, 5520 or 5580 appliance. Let's face it, Cisco Professionals get paid the big bucks because they know their stuff! Cisco is the undisputed leader the Firewall marketplace with their industry leading ASA devices. Learning therefore to deploy, configure, and administer the Cisco ASAs will give you a competitive advantage as a professional in the networking field. Let me be VERY clear here...This is not just a ASA Lab Workbook. This is also a full blown ASA Study Guide which will give you ALL the theory you need to fully understand ASA 5500 Series implementations in multiple different REAL WORLD scenarios!
Our team of Cisco professionals have been working in the networking area for over 100 years combined and have earned several Cisco Certifications including CCNA, CCNP, CCSP and CCIE certifications. Our team members who have contributed to this Cisco ASA Firewall Study Guide & Lab Workbook have authored many other Cisco centric books on the marketplace. This Cisco ASA 5500 Firewall Study Guide & Lab Workbook will be a great benefit to any networking professional whether or not your are going to get your CCNA Security Certification or not. A few examples of networking professionals who might be looking to increase their value in the workplace:
- Certified Cisco CCNAs who want to advance in their career
- A+ Certified Associates who are looking to take the next step in their career
- Network+ Certified Associates taking the next step in their career
- PC Help Desk Professionals distinguishing themselves from the masses
- Microsoft Based Network Administrators looking to further their career
- Jr. Network Administrators
- Professionals preparing for Cisco Certifications
What is included in this Cisco ASA 5500 Firewall Study Guide & Lab eWorkbook?
There is a wealth of information included in this Cisco ASA 5500 Firewall Study Guide & Lab Workbook . It covers real world examples of how to secure your networking environment! This Cisco ASA 5500 Firewall Study Guide & Lab Workbook eBook will teach you how to configure and secure any Cisco ASA 5500 Series running software version 8.x!
We take you from the basic configurations to the most complex configurations mixing DMZs and other methodologies. Here are some of the topics that we will be covering:
- ASA 5505 Overview, Licensing & Default Configuration
- Adaptive Security Appliance Modes
- Viewing and Saving Your Configuration
- ASA Security Levels
- Basic Firewall Theory & Configuration
- Static & Dynamic NAT
- Port Address Translation
- Combining NAT & PAT
- ASA Access Control Lists
- Controlling Inbound & Outbound Traffic With ACLs
- ACLs & DMZ Theory and Configuration
- Object Groups for ACLs on Your ASA
- VLANs and Subinterfaces
- IPSec VPNs and Configuration on Your ASA
- VPN Remote Access Options With An ASA Device
ASA Firewall Failover Scenarios
Below are some of the bonus real-life advanced lab scenarios that we will be covering that are in addition to the labs highlighted earlier:
- ASA Receiving an IP via DHCP from an ISP
- Cisco ASA with Two Internal Zones and DMZ
- Configuring Cisco ASA as a PPPoE Client
- Site-to-Site IPSec VPN between two Cisco ASA
- Hub & Spoke VPN Configuration
- IPSec Remote Access VPN
You can download your free sample chapter to our ASA 5500 & PIX Firewalls Demystified! v2 Lab Workbook here: